Tailored Family Law Services In Los Angeles
Divorce can be emotionally and financially expensive. When you work with the right attorney, it can be much more manageable. Our firm advocates strongly on your behalf, and we promote mediation as an option for dividing your marital estate. However, if you and your spouse are unable to come to terms on asset division and time share with your children, or any other issue, we will aggressively litigate your matter in order to bring it to a successful resolution.
We handle complex divorce cases at mid to high income levels and have a proven record of over 35 years’ experience in family law. We treat all of our clients with respect and compassion, and offer support and guidance.
Working For Your Goals, Fighting For Your Rights
Our services include:
- Marriage dissolution: Our attorney will guide you through every stage of the divorce process and help you prepare for the future.
- Child custody: We handle all matters concerning physical and legal custody of children while always keeping the best interests of your children in mind.
- Child support: Whether you are requesting or are being asked to make child support payments, we will thoroughly review your financial situation to ensure that your interests are protected.
- Spousal support: We will paint a full financial picture to help give you an idea of how much you should expect to pay or receive in matters involving alimony or spousal support.
- Mediation: Before a divorce case is litigated, couples often resolve their differences through mediation. A successful mediation can save you time and money. We will work closely with you to identify your goals, and prepare and participate with you in mediation, should this be your course.
- Consulting: In some cases, couples have already resolved their issues before meeting an attorney. In these cases, we can consult with you and assist in preparing the necessary paperwork and related processing.
- Same-sex divorce: We help guide same-sex couples through the divorce process. We also provide representation for same-sex couples who have entered into a domestic partnership prior to the more recent Supreme Court decision.
- Prenuptial and post-marital agreements: Prenups and post-marital agreements can act as a kind of insurance policy should your marriage ever come to an end. We understand what types of agreements are valid under California law.
- Enforcement and modification of court orders: If your ex is failing to hold up his or her end of a divorce agreement, or if your life circumstances cause you to seek a modification to a divorce order, we are here to help.
- Paternity: We can help with the requisite tests needed in order to establish or deny paternity and let you know what the outcome may mean for your parental rights.
- Conservatorships and divorce: When a spouse suffers from dementia or is otherwise incapacitated and one party seeks a divorce, our attorney will work closely with the conservator for the nonincapacitated spouse to address the complexities of the issues involved.
Experienced Legal Representation
Our founder, Karen Donahoe, has been selected for inclusion in California Super Lawyers from 2007 through 2016. With more than 35 years of experience and more than 20 years serving the Los Angeles County courts as an alternative dispute resolution mediator, Ms. Donahoe understands how to guide you through the divorce process in order to reach an amicable settlement. Ms. Donahoe is also an experienced and aggressive litigator, so she prepares your case for court in the event your spouse is unwilling to work with you as you separate your lives.
Contact Our Lawyer For Help With All Family Legal Matters
Call the Law Offices of Karen P. Donahoe at 424-270-0546 or contact us online to learn more about our services. From our offices in Los Angeles, we provide representation to clients in Santa Monica, Westside, Brentwood and throughout Southern California.